8(a) STARS II GWAC is a multiple-award, IDIQ contract structured to provide information technology solutions (IT products and services) to all federal agencies. This contract enables federal agencies to access pre-qualified 8(a) small businesses through an established contract vehicle instead of traditional, open market methods – saving time and taxpayer money.
IGI is one of the select group of companies to be awarded a Prime GSA 8(a) STARS II GWAC contract to compete in both the Constellations (I & II) and all Functional Areas, under the Prime Contract Number “GS-06F-0666Z” for the duration of 8/31/2011 to 8/30/2021. Tasks awarded before August 30, 2021 will be delivered in the following several years.
The scope of the 8(a) STARS II GWAC is centered on four (4) Functional Areas (FAs) derived from the NAICS:
541511 - Custom Computer Programming Services
541512 - Computer Systems Design Services
541513 - Computer Facilities Management Services
541519 - Other Computer Related Services
This GWAC is structured with two tiers, known as CONSTELLATIONs. Constellation I includes prime contractors who are technically proficient and offer competitive pricing. Constellation II prime contractors provide the same strengths as Constellation I, plus the added benefit of either CMMI or ISO credentials.
Key Features & Benefits
- $10B program ceiling and five-year base period with one five-year option
- Enables federal clients to earn 8(a) small business credit
- Contract types include: fixed price, labor hour, and time and material terms
- Allows directed (sole sourced) task orders up to $4M
- Pre-competed, easy-to-use contract with streamlined ordering procedures based on FAR 16.505
- No offer and acceptance letter is required from SBA
- Access to exceptionally qualified 8(a) small business industry partners [Only 5% of all 8(a)s are qualified for 8(a) STARS II award]
- No FedBizOpps synopsis is required
- Saves time and money by reducing procurement lead time
- No protests on orders under $10M, except on the grounds that the order increases the scope, period, or maximum value of the GWAC
8(a) STARS II Acquisition Support:
Return to Contract Vehicles